Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to create dynamic controls

Posted by chris.pcs.crosspost 
chris.pcs.crosspost
Is it possible to create dynamic controls
October 29, 2008 05:28PM
Hi,
I try to create a site (by using WebDev12) that can use taxonomies. A taxonomy is a way to sort and categorize content. The taxonomy consists of a vocabulary and respective terms, and belongs to an entity.
Example:
- Entity: Contact
- Vocabulary: Contact Type
- terms: Friend, Family, Employee, ...

By doing this, a privileged user can create own taxonomies and link them to Entities (physical tables). But to show the taxonomy on the Entity (contact) Page, a control (list box, or drop down) must be created dynamically when the page is initialized.
The number of controls that must be created dynamically depends on the number of linked taxonomy to entities.

I'm new to windev/webdev and wasn't able to figure out on how to do this.

Best Regards,
Chris

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
KenKnight
Re: Is it possible to create dynamic controls
October 29, 2008 06:05PM
Hi Chris,

Repeat after me..."The looper is your friend". :-) Seriously, check out the looper control. If I'm understanding you correctly, you simply have a listbox / combobox per looper cell.

Cheers!
Ken
BLS
Re: Is it possible to create dynamic controls
November 02, 2008 09:34PM
Hi Chris,
WBDEV generates HTML. And you can generate whatever HTML code too.
(A global server procedure that generates your HTMLcode , best target for your code is probably within a div tag. You need DOM know how. )

Otherwise ; Try to use ControlClone() . I say "try" because the WEBDEV online help is fuzzy regarding this topic.
Bjoern

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2008 09:36PM by BLS.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.