Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WEFDEV/PHP and jMaki

Posted by BLS 
BLS
WEFDEV/PHP and jMaki
October 28, 2008 09:32PM
Guess some of you guys wonder; What is jMaki smiling smiley
jMaki is a framework that provides CSS layouts, widgets, and the glue to tie everything together. Out of the box you can use Dojo, Yahoo UI, Scriptaculous, and many other libraries together with a simple PHP call.

Yep, I would like to use it !

I'll try to figure out where to install the the jMaki sources php,js,css...

Next thing is : Where to embedd this php statement :

//PHP
require_once 'Jmaki.php'

and let's say I would like to embedd Yahoo Map and Geocoder.

// PHP
addWidget('yahoo.map', null, "{centerLat:37.39316, centerLon:-121.947333700, height:300}");
addWidget('yahoo.geocoder', '../XmlhttpProxy.php');

Next problem ! Well, let's see.Bjoern
Oh, in case that somebody already has experience with 3rd party php,js libs. let's exchange information.

jMaki Info : [ajax.dev.java.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2008 09:37PM by BLS.
pat.pcs.crosspost
Re: WEFDEV/PHP and jMaki
October 29, 2008 11:13AM
Hi Bjoern,

You may include your PHP code in the HEAD part of the WebDev page.

[megustawindev.free.fr]

note - jMaki seems to me extraordinary complex. it's java if i understand well. Why use Java when there are so many good javascript libraries available. No criticism here, may be I'm just too lazy for that kind of programming.

--
pat
[ilikewd.free.fr]

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
BLS
Re: WEFDEV/PHP and jMaki
October 29, 2008 04:42PM
Hi pat,
short answer : No,Java is not needed. jMaki is just Javascript, CSS....
Slightly more detailed :
Yes jMaki was invented to make Java EE programmers days easier. Means the first release of jMaki was made to enable Java developers to embed f.i. YUI Javascript libs into Java Server Pages, respective Java Server Faces without having to much trouble = keep coding in Java.

The j in jMaki does not stand for Java..
From a PHP view :
jMaki PHP should enable you to use Javascript libraries like Yahoo UI, Google etc. from PHP without a hassle.In fact it's much simpler to use the js script from PHP.

Hope I can make it work. Just wonder where to install the php, css and js files...
A WEBDEV12 PHP project creates a <projectname>_WEB directory including a couple of php and js files. Your language folder i.e. FR /US / or what the heck, contain the same sources........

Okay, I am running out of time, (have to fly to germany) so that's it for the moment.
Kind regards, Bjoern
ps; many thanks for the wb on linux article... hope you'll extend it: awp/php -> apache
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.