Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filter a table based on radio buttons

Posted by Joel 
Joel
Filter a table based on radio buttons
October 27, 2008 07:44PM
Hello --

I have a table with an external query feeding it. I have 2 radio buttons - I want to filter the table results (table.LastName = gsLastname) if one radio button is selected and not filter them if the other is selected. Can't seem to figure out how to get this done. - help?
Fabrice Harari
Re: Filter a table based on radio buttons
October 27, 2008 09:24PM
Hi Joel...

Your query should have one condition on lastname=param1... In your radio button code (each modification of the radio button), if you want to filter, then you do a query.paramName=gsLastName, if you don't want to filter you do query.paramName=NULL

Any parameter with a NULL value is ignored!

After that, you restart your query (hexecutequery) and redisplay your table content

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile Video Courses
DerekT
Re: Filter a table based on radio buttons
October 28, 2008 11:14AM
Hi

If your table is bound to the query (not populated by code) then check out TableDisplay(MyTable,trtReExecuteQuery) after setting the parameter.

Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.