Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Control - Modified Property

Posted by Mark 
Mark
Control - Modified Property
October 23, 2008 01:52PM
Hi folks,

When programatically initialising an edit control with a value which is different from the value
already in the edit control I assumed the Modified property would be set to true, unfortunatley is does'nt happen anyone know why, and how I could rectify this.

Mark
Fabrice Harari
Re: Control - Modified Property
October 23, 2008 02:30PM
Hi Mark...

first the logic behind that...

The ..modified property is there to let you know when the USER modified a field... Here YOU are modifying it, so you are supposed to know about it :-)

Now, If you suffer from amnesia :-) , you can of course set the ..modified property to true yourself by adding in the same code where you modify the control:
MyControlName..Modified=true

Of course, you can also use your own flag, and this way you'll know if the user or yourself modified it

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile consulting
Mark
Re: Control - Modified Property
October 23, 2008 03:26PM
Hi Fabrice,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had tried initialising the "control..modified=true" but was not getting the result I expected, however when revisiting the problem, I realised that I was doing it in the wrong place!
Woops! Once a gain thanks for your interest.

Mark
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.