Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB12 Customize Tab Control

Posted by BLS 
BLS
WB12 Customize Tab Control
October 18, 2008 03:22AM
I would like to customize a WEBDEV 12 Tab control in a way that it looks like a standard XP TAB. It is meanwhile about 3 o clock in the morning and I give up. The question is of course has anybody mastered this extreme difficult task ? smiling smiley
Oh, the problem is that I am not able to set the Gif file's correct position and size. (Looks Terrible)

Hope that you can help. Erm ... a small sample project would be nice.
Bjoern nanali at wanadoo dot fr
BLS
Re: WB12 Customize Tab Control
October 22, 2008 03:22PM
No idea ?
Fabrice Harari
October 22, 2008 04:36PM
Hi Bjorn

Instead of customzing the tab control, which could be a pain, you can easily fake it using planes... You put your tab gif and buttons outside all planes, the controls of each tab in each corresponding plane, and you change plane and button color/status in the button code...

Now you have full control on the look, feel and behavior

In fact, that was the way to do a tab when we didn't have a tab control in windev... Yep... THAT LONG AGO :-)

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile Video Courses
BLS
October 24, 2008 02:30PM
Thanks Fabrice,
I was not aware that planes are available in WEBDEV 12.
How do you call planes in WB FR ? Guess I miss here a lot of functionality....

Bjoern
PS/ Your Regular Expression Explorer/Validator is a nice tool. Would be even nicer if you open source it. ( would like to add a few lines of code to support {1,} and ? )
Fabrice Harari
October 24, 2008 03:11PM
OOOPS...

My bad... I didn't see the WB12 in the title... I was talking about WinDev...

Actually for webdev, I was already managing tabs in 11 where there is none... A few invisible cells (one per tab), moving them in place when needed and making them visible and managing their z-index in javascript and I can do nearly whatever I want... Now I'm using the native control because I'm lazy, but it can be done that way...

And concerning the regular expression problem, I certainly can open the source of that utility... You are just the first one to ask for it grinning smiley... Not a lot of interest about that one...
I'll have to find the time for posting it, that's all

best regards

Fabrice
BLS
October 24, 2008 03:45PM
No problem.. T
Thanks in advance Fabrice.. as soon as you offer the source of your regex validator I'd like to add a few lines. but I am not in a hurry smiling smiley I really like that tool.
Kind regards, Björn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.