Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got a simple AWP example?

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
Got a simple AWP example?
October 15, 2008 05:16AM
Hi,

I looking for a rather simple AWP example. Especially interested in how you pass data from one form to another.

I'm building a wizard that uses Internal Frames, however it appears the pages need to be static AWP pages. The wizard is gathering information and is not part of a record yet... so if a user goes back to a previous page, how do you redisplay what was on a previous page.

Thanks
Glenn
pat.pcs.crosspost
Re: Got a simple AWP example?
October 15, 2008 09:42AM
Hi Glenn,

You should have a look at the WW_Blogs_AWP example provided with WebDev. A good source of inspiration is also the PCSOFT forum which is entirely programmed with AWP.

Have a special look at the links. Context values are passed inside the links. See for example :

[forum.pcsoft.fr]

And the PageParameter() command is used to retrieve all these values.

--
pat
[ilikewd.free.fr]

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Got a simple AWP example?
October 15, 2008 01:48PM
Hello Glenn

you already have one example on my WebDev video course DVD, in the AWP
course (and of course the associated project)... I'm using in there the
parameters to pass the session ID from one page to the next

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Glenn Rathke wrote:
> Hi,
> I looking for a rather simple AWP example. Especially interested in how you pass data from one form to another.
> I'm building a wizard that uses Internal Frames, however it appears the pages need to be static AWP pages. The wizard is gathering information and is not part of a record yet... so if a user goes back to a previous page, how do you redisplay what was on a previous page.
> Thanks
> Glenn
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2008 03:52PM by Jimbo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.