Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing the language of errors returned by Windev

Posted by Andre Theron.pcs.crosspost 
Andre Theron.pcs.crosspost
Changing the language of errors returned by Windev
October 09, 2008 04:23PM
Hi,

I am having problems changing the language of erorrs returned by windev.

I am using an analysis with a directly linked file to my SQLEXPRESS database. Whenever I enter information into an Autmatic Browsing table and I create a duplicate key error ( on purpose to test my application ), I get an error message returned which is in French. Is it possible for me to change the language of these messages to English ? And please give me some details on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.
Andre.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Andre Theron.pcs.crosspost
Re: Changing the language of errors returned by Windev
October 09, 2008 05:46PM
No need to answer this question as I see there are some answers in the forum about this already. It is just a bit weird that Windev 12 still has some error messages in French even though the whole IDE and about 90% of the popup errors are in English.

For anyone wondering how I am fixing this problem :
put the line :

HOnError("*",hErrDuplicates,"OnDuplicateError")

in the Initialization part of your project and define a Global Procedure named :

PROCEDURE OnDuplicateError()
Error("You have tried to insert a duplicate value ARE YOU MAD?")
RESULT opCancel

where you can handle all your Duplicate errors yourself with any language you prefer by typing it tongue sticking out smiley
This disables the Automatic error handling of Windev for Duplicate Key errors on ALL your files found in your Analysis.

Andre out.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.