Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

shrink the mmo file

Posted by Arie 
Arie
shrink the mmo file
October 07, 2008 12:41PM
Hi,
I have a table with memofileds for storing images (jpg,bmp and so on). One of my customer stored quite a lot bitmaps, leading to a large mmo-file.
Then he converted al bitmaps to the jpg-format.Thus decreasing the size to 10%. However the MMO-file still is big. I don't get the used space back automatically (which is not too bad in most cases)

Is there a way to shrink a mmo-file manually?

Arie
Al
Re: shrink the mmo file
October 07, 2008 01:52PM
Hello Arie

There is a small note in the index help about this:
Note : Memos are not compressed by the indexing operation. WDOptimizer enables you to perform this feature (option 5 of WDOptimizer).

Regards
Al
Stefan Bentvelsen
October 07, 2008 04:15PM
Hi Arie,

I have had the same problem and wrote a little bit of code to copy the whole file to another directory, recreate the original file and then copy the records back to the original file. This works OK for me.
Arie
October 08, 2008 10:13AM
Al,

WDoptimizer is also built into the Hyperfile Control Centre.I tried that with no luck. It may compress memo-fields (if you define them as such), but I did not shrink the physical mmo-file.

Arie
Arie
October 08, 2008 10:14AM
Stefan,
that should work. I wil try that.
Thanks Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.