Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ads / harassment by CONTAXE

Posted by Jimbo 
Jimbo
Ads / harassment by CONTAXE
October 04, 2008 07:11PM

Sometimes and in some forums you will notice bold green words underlined with dotted lines. This is a quite annoying means of advertisement, newly introduced by MySnip.de on unpaid forums. The WinDev Forum / main forum is a paid forum and is not affected by any ads. Moving the mouse over those green words yields a flash window with an ad. To make things more interesting, contaxe advertisements are not switched on for all the time, means, if you think you're done with them they can come back.

Internet Explorer cannot deal with that type of ads properly. The popup-blocker is no good. Even (free) flash popup blockers like Pop-Up No-No! [www.popupnono.com] aren't able to get things straight.

I'll test a bunch of other browsers, FireFox is said to have a flash popup blocker that's working. Safari (Apple) is said to have no problems with that type pof annoyance. I'll test Opera as well ..

Anyway, I'll get in contact with MySnip.de and I'll try to find out their conditions to get rid of those little green things in all of our forums.
Jimbo
Opera 9.5
October 05, 2008 10:29AM
Opera 9.5 seems to ignore those contaxe links by default. Extras .. settings .. block unwanted popups. Works just fine.
Al
Re: Ads / harassment by CONTAXE
October 05, 2008 03:57PM
Hello Guenter

This site has a solution for Firefox. It blocks java script by default so it may cause other issues when going to other sites.
[noscript.net]

If you copy this link into the address bar of Firefox it will automatically install
[software.informaction.com]

It certainly blocks the Contaxe ads that are presumably run from this script in the bottom of each page in the new forums.
<pcode>
language="JavaScript1.1"
type="text/javascript"
src="[www.contaxe.com];
</pcodet>

Regards
Al

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.