Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Copy page or element group from different Project

Posted by Randall 
Randall
Copy page or element group from different Project
October 29, 2012 08:33PM
Hi,

Is there a convenient way to copy a page, or a group of elements from a page in one Project to a page in a different Project... with the idea of jump starting a page or building off something that shares enough functionality to make it worthwhile?

Thanks in advance for any help on this :spos:
Peter Holemans
Re: Copy page or element group from different Project
October 30, 2012 09:46AM
Hi,

In the file menu, check out the 'Import' options...

Regards,

Peter H.
This is also something I've wondered as well... :confused:

Whenever I've tried Importing using this option (or any other method I could think of), I've always come across problems where elements such as styles etc. aren't brought across when you do the Import. It would be great if Imported elements could adopt the style of the project that is being imported into at the point it was being imported?

What you end up doing after the import is sooo much work to get the window/element working and looking as you want it - you could have created the window from scratch (or from a template) and just cut-n-paste the code across in less time?! [[5]]

...but there's always a possibility that I'm missing something?

Does this match other peoples experiences with importing external elements?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.