Advanced

WELCOME ! (new info added)

Posted by GuenterP 
GuenterP
WELCOME ! (new info added)
March 15, 2008 11:03AM
Welcome to the New WinDev Forum!

- Forum appearance
will be changed a bit during the next days.

- You can switch this forum to be either in list mode or in tree view mode. Just try some postings in the OLD WinDev Forum, I'll delete them later on.

- registered user can edit their own postings !!

- For building the thread: Answer any postings by clicking either on 'Reply To This Message' or on 'Quote This Message'. If you don't do that, your posting will automatically appear as an answer to the first posting in the thread. I consider this as a software bug and will report it to MySnip.de

- Links: You do not need to write the a href= tag in order to insert a link into your posting. Just write a valid url like [www.windev.com] and the forum software will highlight the link and if one clicks it, it will behave as if you added target="_blank" to a href tag.

- Smilies will be added from the parsimony.net forum. Not all, just some of them. A lot of them were not used in any posting. If you want a smiley that's not listed, feel free to choose from [www.mysmilies.com]

- Forum RSS-feed: [forum.mysnip.de]

- Reloading the forum main page: just click on the forum title.

- The NEW WinDev Forum is a paid forum and is protected against spam. I hope there will not arise any inconveniences to forum users from that software add-on.

- <b>We can open as many forums as we want to!</b> In addition to the OLD WinDev Forum I added three 'Solution'-Forums (WinDev solutions, WebDev solutions & WinDev mobile solutions) where all participants who want to publish one of their solutions - without being asked on the main forum - can post them. I recommend that you upload / link your files (PDFs, projects, images) to your own servers or web space. However, if such is not available you can still use TinyPic or FileUpload.net as linked in the forum header. Be warned that files / links will not stay there forever. Another forum is the 'about myself & my company' forum where you can add image/s and / or textual information about yourself and about your company.

- The OLD WinDev Forum will contain all of the about 36.000 postings from the Parsimony forum. However, it will take some time to convert & feed them into the new forum database. Appearance will be changed too, but no yellow background, definitely. The OLD forum is an unpaid forum, it will serve as an archive after all, and therefore shows Google ads. We expect to see some spam in the OLD forum which will be deleted by watchful moderators. Hopefully.

- You have to accept the sorting sequence of the messages ;-) Threads with new messages are sorted on top. The advantage: even if you're answering in an old thread, let's say on page 3, it will jump to page 1 automatically.

- In the upper left corner of this page, you can see a box with your Log-in-name and 'MyControl Center'. You can add a signature there 'f.i. 'kind regards, YourName, YourCompanyName etc., change your e-mail address and so on.

- Any suggestions, questions and critics welcome!

- Seeking: one or two co-moderators. Please show hands!

I hope, you feel well in the new surroundings!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 08:17AM by GuenterP.
Gianni Spano
Re: WELCOME !
March 15, 2008 11:22AM
My best whishes for the new forum

Gianni
DerekT
March 15, 2008 11:45AM
Guenter

Thanks for all your efforts
I am sure this will be just as successful as the 'old' forum'

Regards

DerekT
Teun van Unen
March 15, 2008 01:21PM
Guenter,

Thanks for that lots of work you have done for the not-French WinDev community:
- webmaster old forum
- set up new forum
and good luck with that lots of work you have still to do :
- webmaster new forum
- converting old to new

I hope still to learn a lot from you and all the other members of this great forum.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend,
Teun van Unen.
Toddy
March 15, 2008 05:05PM
Hi Guenter,

I wish this new forum will be as nice as the old forum in parsimony.

Success,

Toddy

Alvaro Boldo
March 15, 2008 05:15PM
Best wishes for all of you.

Alvaro
Milton Kirkwood
Re: WELCOME ! (new info added)
March 16, 2008 08:16PM
Hi Guenter,

Thank you for your efforts, they are very much appreciated.

Milton
FrankM
March 16, 2008 11:48PM
Congratulations!!

Job well done Günter!

If you still need someone to assist I'll be happy to spend a bit of my time by helping you to co-moderate.

Frank Meeuwissen
Progressional ICT Solutions
www.progressional.nl
GuenterP
Thank you!
March 17, 2008 08:02AM
Thank you all for the well-wishing!

Guenter

Attention: I'm constantly adding new infos to my first posting !
GuenterP
March 17, 2008 08:23AM
FrankM
Congratulations!!

Job well done Günter!

If you still need someone to assist I'll be happy to spend a bit of my time by helping you to co-moderate.

Frank Meeuwissen
Progressional ICT Solutions
www.progressional.nl

Hi Frank,
you've been added as a moderator!
In addition to posting messages you can now
- delete unwanted postings (spam)
- edit all postings
- cut a thread into two
- merge two threads into one
Please be careful not to accidentially do some harm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 08:24AM by GuenterP.
Carlo Hermus
March 17, 2008 08:10PM
Guenter,

Nice move. Please don't hesitate to change the color winking smiley

BTW, like I said before anytime I can help let me know.
GuenterP
March 17, 2008 10:17PM
Carlo Hermus
Guenter,

Nice move. Please don't hesitate to change the color winking smiley

BTW, like I said before anytime I can help let me know.

Cheers,

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

what's your suggestion in regards to colors?

I can put a link to your web site into the forum header, ok?
FrankM
March 17, 2008 11:18PM
Hi Guenter,

I'm now a registered user. Can you give me some info about how to moderate ? I don't see any difference.

Regards,
Frank
Carlo Hermus
March 18, 2008 12:16AM
Guenter,

I find this color a bit bright, but that is my opinion. I like it softer, maybe a bit blueish or greenish, something like that.

Regarding the link, yeah it is ok, but was not my intention.
TEST
March 18, 2008 07:59PM
Don't reply, this is a test
Peter van Vuuren
March 20, 2008 12:26PM
Hi Guenter,

So this will be the successor op the good old parsimony forum ... I saw that you were, 8 years ago, the first poster there to :-) . Good job so far.

GuenterP
- Forum appearance
will be changed a bit during the next days.

Make the yellow backgroundcolor (FFFFC0 ?) a liitle more like the background color of the parsimony forum

greetings,
Peter
Hyrum Tatton
March 21, 2008 03:38PM
Thanks Guenter, Your work is appreciated.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.