Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

errCode

Posted by LS 
LS
errCode
September 23, 2008 01:04PM
Hello all,

I've searched the windev help and the forum. But I can't to find an answer on getting the default messages of errors and exceptions, preferably a list of all of them. smiling smiley At the moment I'm working on custom handling of printing errors, like;
210044- What happened?
Page header of "%ReportName%" report is too large: it cannot be printed.

Thanks in advance

Lennart
LS
Re: errCode
September 23, 2008 03:40PM
Is the only possible way to find out the errMessage by errCode using wdint? I don't want to translate the errormessages, it's just for handling some of the errors/exceptions...
Just like .net/delphi/java try,catch,finally blocks. But if I don't know which exception can occur, I can't handle them properly. The help provides a few errorcodes, but not all of them.

So if anyone knows where I should be looking, please let me know.

Lennart
Harry
September 23, 2008 05:59PM
Hi Lennart,

The problem is in the message "Report header to long".
I think the you have to check if you are printing on the right printer ?
Maybe your standard printer is changed the some other printer ? ;-)

Regards Harry.

LS
September 24, 2008 03:32PM
Harry
Hi Lennart,

The problem is in the message "Report header to long".
I think the you have to check if you are printing on the right printer ?
Maybe your standard printer is changed the some other printer ? ;-)

Regards Harry.
Yes I'm fully aware of what the problem is with the example errCode I gave. But this wasn't the question.

You can easily find out what kind of exceptions can be thrown if you use the .Net Convert class, which is an InvalidCastException. But I can't find anything like that in the help file of WinDev. As I recall correctly the only errCodes mentioned in the windev helpfile have something to do with HyperFiles.

Lennart
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.