Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev First Dynamic Page

Posted by Glenn Stretton 
Glenn Stretton
WebDev First Dynamic Page
September 11, 2008 12:20PM
Hi,
I have created a dynamic webdev site and set the main page as my 'First Dynamic page' now I have got a little further I have added a logon page which I would like to be displayed before my main page. My problem is when I go into the project description the first dynamic page combo is grayed out therefore I cant modify the contents.

Any help on this would be appreciated, maybe an obvious answer but I'm a noob to Win/Webdev.

Thanks in advance

Glenn
George Clemons.pcs.crosspost
{SPAM?} Re: WebDev First Dynamic Page
September 11, 2008 04:28PM
I've run into that before. Look to the right in the docked panes area, select the Project pane which is indicated by a "P" on a tab on the bottom of the pane (if it is not already selected), you will see a list of the pages, queries etc. that you have in the project. You can right click on the icon representing the page you want to change and a menu will pop up. You can then select or de-select the "First dynamic page of the project" selection.

So to recap, you can't change the first dynamic page in the main project description. You must change it on the page itself. More specifically, in the docked project window which displays all of the items in your project.

Hope this helps.

George

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Glenn Stretton
Re: WebDev First Dynamic Page
September 11, 2008 04:49PM
We have a winner!!!

Thanks very much! Worked perfectly! I have been banging my head against a wall for days trying to figure that out.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.