Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Project Loading Error

Posted by KEWPE20 
KEWPE20
Help with Project Loading Error
September 08, 2008 04:04PM
I recently uninstalled then reinstalled Windev12. I needed to remove all references to Windev in the registry before I could launch App. However, now I get the following error when I attempt to open a project.

Error at line 15 of Procédure globale bCnxCommun process ('CCSQE.CCBal' component).
HChangeConnection function called.
Invalid settings for <cnxConnexionCS> connection.
Specify the database name in the connection to a Hyper File server.

Forgive me if there is an obvious solution but I'm relatively new to Windev and
I was unable to find a resolution in the PCSOFT forums or by googling the problem.

Milton
Re: Help with Project Loading Error
September 10, 2008 12:24AM
Hi,

If I understand you correctly you have uninstalled Windev and re-installed it and you are trying to open an existing application.

If you developed the application via the RAD tool it will set some initialisation parameters for such things as the connection to, or creation of, your application tables.

If you are using Client Server, or connection to other databases via OLEDB, then Windev needs to initialise those connections when opening an application. If the connections were described via a mapped drive, or even as a UNC connection, it looks like these need to be re-established in your initialisation code.

Milton
kewpe20
September 10, 2008 03:58PM
Hi,

I continue to have the same problem even installing on a new pc and this being the first time install. I'm using Vista 64 but had the same problem on XP 32.

I'm not able to create a new project or load/open ANY project including the examples. Here is the error:

Error at line 15 of Procédure globale bCnxCommun process ('CCSQE.CCBal' component).
HChangeConnection function called.

Technical Information

Project :
Component : CCSQE.CCBal

Dump error of module <WD120HF.DLL> <12.00Keb>.

- WL Call:
Processing <CC100Bal.bCnxCommun>, line <15>, thread <0>
Function <HChangeConnection>, syntax # <0>

- Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL)

- Error Code: 74004

- WD55 Error Code: 4004

- No system error code

- No system error message

- What happened?

- Debug Information:
IEWDHF=32103
Module=<WDHF>
Version=<12.00Keb>
Fonction (7,208)

- Attached Information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure globale bCnxCommun (CC100Bal.bCnxCommun), ligne 15
Procédure globale bCnxCS (CC100Bal.bCnxCS), ligne 31
Procédure globale bCnxBase (CC100Bal.bCnxBase), ligne 49
Procédure globale InitHFExt (Procédures globales communes.InitHFExt), ligne 35
Procédure globale SetUserWX (pCCBal.SetUserWX), ligne 17
Procédure globale SetUserWX (pCCSQE.SetUserWX), ligne 16
EIT_COMPOSANT :
CCSQE.CCBal
EIT_DATEHEURE : 10/09/2008 08:58:15

- Identifier in .err: 73209

Help

Jimbo
September 10, 2008 05:21PM
Hi, I'm using WinDev on Vista 64 without any problems. Installing WinDev on Vista 32 and on XP went fine as well. You should be very cautious in the isntallation process when it comes to the definition of the SCM database. Do not use a HF C/S SCM-database and do not check the 'shared' SCM check box then you shouldn't have any problems on an install.
Regards, Guenter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2008 05:21PM by Jimbo.
Glenn Rathke
September 10, 2008 07:24PM
Hi Guenter,

I have a feeling you are right on this! I'm trying to work through this issue with him.

Glenn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 02:41AM by Glenn Rathke.
kewpe20
September 10, 2008 11:54PM
Jimbo,
Thanks for your help. I finally got it working. I had to delete all references to Windev, Webdev and PC Soft from the Registry before I got the Re-install to install correctly.

I was able to open a Test Project, so all is well.

I would hate for anyone else to have to go through this and am wondering if there should be a warning or message that notifies Non-Advanced Users to NOT use a HF C/S SCM-database and to not check the 'shared' SCM check box...as you suggested.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.