Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Treeview and Strikeout

Posted by Rich 
Rich
Treeview and Strikeout
September 04, 2008 10:25PM
WD 11

I have a treeview that under certain conditions shows a level with strikeout font.

When the item is selected the strikeout does not show, it is plain text.

How do I get the strikeout to show when the item is selected? :confused:
David Egan
Re: Treeview and Strikeout
September 04, 2008 11:24PM
Hi Rich
You've got exactly the same problem I posed recently (Selection color in treeview)! I wasted a fair bit of time on it and couldn't find a solution. As it's not critical to my app I've carried on without it, although it sure would be nice. Al made a couple of suggestions but unfortunately they didn't work. If you come up with an answer I would love to know!

Cheers

David
Rich
September 04, 2008 11:39PM
David,

Thanks for the response, even it was not what I needed. winking smiley
DerekT
September 05, 2008 01:00PM
Hi
Unfortunately not an answer as such.

This was/is always a problem with treeviews, there is no way that the slection bar can be influenced.
You will only ever get what is set in the style tab of the description.
TBH I never found working with treeviews to be a very rewarding experience.

The good news, unless you are using WB, is that the TreeViewTable overcomes these issues.
The syntax for populating the 'table' is different but searching, identifiying, updating etc are IMHO much easier.
It operates in exactly the same manner as a table but can quite easily be made to look just like a standard treeview.

Personal choice, but I prefer themsmiling smiley

Regards
Rich
September 05, 2008 02:53PM
Derek,

I will look into it.
David Egan
September 06, 2008 09:43PM
Derek/Rich
That works great, a little bit more work in setting up for my purposes (using it to create a dynamic menu in a sidebar) but gives me all the features I needed.
Thanks very much.

David
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.