Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scrollbar in tables using diferent browsers

Posted by Victoria Caballero 
Victoria Caballero
Scrollbar in tables using diferent browsers
September 04, 2008 12:12PM
Hi all,
I've been having a problem with the tables using diferent browsers. I don't understand why the same table with the same information in Firefox and Safari shows 2 vertical scrollbars but in IE 7 shows just 1 which is correct.
I have a picture to explain this better:

Anybody knows how to avoid this effect on Firefox? or maybe is jut the way the Firefox works and we can't do anything about it.
Any help or explanation will be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

UrvinS
Re: Scrollbar in tables using diferent browsers
March 05, 2009 10:05AM
Hi;

I think you are having an extra toolbars in Firefox and Safari.
Why not try and remove the extra toolbars and check.

Urvins
Victoria Caballero
March 05, 2009 11:49AM
Hi Urvins,
thanks for response.
Sorry, but I don't understand, what do you mean with "remove the extra toolbars"? how it is posible to remove them in the case o Firefox and Safari? because the extra scrollbars are added by the browser as I understand. Maybe I'm wrong.

Regards.

Victoria Caballero

Fabrice Harari
March 05, 2009 01:44PM
Hi Victoria...

i'm guessing here, but isn't your table inside a cell (or iframe)?

If it's the case, your problem could come from the fact that some elements are displayed with a different size in IE and firefox (bigger fonts, and so on)...

The result is then that your table is bigger and exceed the size of your cell or iframe, making the scrollbar of THAT element also visible (set as automatic probably in its description)

You can try to increase the size of the cell (but not of the table) to see if it's the cause

Best regards

Victoria Caballero
March 05, 2009 02:51PM
Hi Fabrice,
thanks for your response.
Actually I'm not using cells or iFrames in that page at all so what could be the problem?

Best regards

Victoria Caballero
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.