Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Test protokolle

Posted by Ashury 
Ashury
Test protokolle
September 03, 2008 02:04PM
Hello dear WinDev-user,

I have a question with regard to test protocols of an automated test under WinDev:
How I can find out after the automatic test which can cause additional changes an entry on a GUI-element, for example: It could be that several Editfelder are circumscribed after an entry in a check box, now it interests me whether the WinDev cotaken down something like that if so this becomes very good, around the test results analyzes to?
Please who can help me here?
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: Test protokolle
September 03, 2008 04:24PM
Hi Ashury,

I'm not sure to understand clearly what you try to do. But Yes you can check the state of a field after some mouse/keyboard events.

Look at EmulateInput in the help.

To make it simple for you, here is how you can start:
1. Go in the view you want to test.
2. Click on record a new test scenario in the tool bar.
3. Then click on "Start recording"
4. Do some stuff in your form... click on the field, type some input, hit the TAB key, etc. Your code will do it's process.
5. Close your applications.
6. Back in the test unit, you will see all the commands you did.
7. You can then hack the code to make it behave as required in your test: like checking the value of a field after exiting (tab key).

Use TestWriteResult procedure, etc.

Regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.