Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to work with dotnet "enum" in windev code?

Posted by Mitchell 
Mitchell
how to work with dotnet "enum" in windev code?
September 02, 2008 12:11PM
Dear Windev Coders,
how can i instantiate an object in imported .net assemblies with parameter control arguments?

ex:
fxReader = new RfidReader(FxwPhyFactory.FxwPhysicalType.TCPIP)

note that : "FxwPhyFactory.FxwPhysicalType" is a dotnet class
"TCPIP" is a member of the class

regards
mikz
kevinw
Re: how to work with dotnet "enum" in windev code?
September 02, 2008 04:54PM
Why not find out what value FxwPhyFactory.FxwPhysicalType.TCPIP maps to in the .NET class, and pass that value as the parameter to the RfidReader() call?

Kevin
Mitchell
September 03, 2008 12:15PM
Hi Kevin,
can you specify in details how to pass the value as the parameter to the RfidReader()? ,in Windev I don't know how to do this.. could you help please? :-(

thanks Kevin

regards
mikz
kevinw
September 03, 2008 04:22PM
Mitchell
Hi Kevin,
can you specify in details how to pass the value as the parameter to the RfidReader()? ,in Windev I don't know how to do this.. could you help please? :-(

I am not familiar with the compaonents you are using, but what I was suggesting was to look at the source code of your FxwPhyFactory .NET class, in which I guess there is a FxwPhysicalType Enum defined. This will have a (probably) numeric value for TCPIP.

I was suggesting that you sent this value as a parameter, so if say it was 4, your call would be :

RfidReader(4)

Kevin
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.