Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to keep cell at bottom of screen ?

Posted by John 
John
How to keep cell at bottom of screen ?
August 26, 2008 05:35PM
Hi,

I've got an app where I need to have functoinality that simulates the use of 3 frames. One at the top, left side and bottom. Instead of frames, I need to use cells.

How do you keep the top cell the width of the screen, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

How do you keep the bottom cell at the bottom, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

Thanks John
Al
Re: How to keep cell at bottom of screen ?
August 26, 2008 11:30PM
Hello John

If you are working with Windev, try the anchor properties of the controls but if it is Webdev then I will defer to someone else for an answer.

Regards
Al

John
August 27, 2008 12:37AM
I neglected to mention it is WebDev.

John

John
Hi,

I've got an app where I need to have functoinality that simulates the use of 3 frames. One at the top, left side and bottom. Instead of frames, I need to use cells.

How do you keep the top cell the width of the screen, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

How do you keep the bottom cell at the bottom, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

Thanks John
John
August 27, 2008 01:00AM
Hi,

Reading your answer, even though you mentioned it is for WinDev I gave it a try. You can specify fixed or a percent. As far as I can tell using 100% is in reference to the size of the control. It is not in reference to the browser.

I wonder if there is a way to get the width of the browser....

Thanks
John
M. Beaven
August 27, 2008 03:41PM
Hi John,

The following JS property will return the width of the browser.

//Returns the current width of the client area in the browser
function JSGetBrowserWidth()
{
	return document.body.clientWidth;
}

This will return the height of the browser.

//Returns the height of the client area in the browser
function JSGetBrowserHeight(i_nMode)
{
	return document.body.clientHeight;
}

HTH,

-Marc
John
August 27, 2008 05:57PM
THANKS MUCH !
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.