Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Method for exporting large files from Webdev to Excel

Posted by M. Beaven 
M. Beaven
Method for exporting large files from Webdev to Excel
August 26, 2008 05:33PM
Hello all,

Has anyone had any experience exporting large files (more than 256 columns) to be opened with the later versions of Excel (2007)? Earlier versions were not capable of exceeding this limit, but the later .xmls files, which can, do not seem to be supported in Webdev 12.

One option I am aware of would be to use TableToText and create a .csv file, but this does not operate as cleanly as I would like in terms of shelling to excel. I also haven't had much luck with using xml for this purpose.

Does anyone have experience with these types of exports with Webdev that wouldn't care to share?

I appreciate any input.

Regards,

-Marc
Hello again,

FYI- the workaround in this case was to use TableToText to create a .txt file, then the MIME type for "application/unknown" so as not to cause any conflicts in Excel. This allows files with more thnan 256 columns to be opened seamlessly in Excel 12.

Regards,

-Marc
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.