Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The instruction at "0x7c68f1d" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

Posted by Ivan Gil.pcs.crosspost 
Hi everybody, I have WinDev XII and sometimes I get the following error:

The instruction at "0x7c68f1d" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

After receiving the error WinDev closes. I think that my operating system is healthy, I restored it about 2 months ago; also I have a good antivirus and this is the only program giving me problems.

Does anybody has an idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ivan

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

Hi Ivan,

I haven't ever seen this error while working with WD12. That command accesses the protected 'low memory' area and crashs afterwards. Its a classic GPF (General Protection Failure). I suspect the memory of your computer! Look into the memory timing of the BIOS and put it to the more secure side. It could be a bad / not working cooler of the processor too. And it could be a bad SDRAM / DDR-2 memory chip too. But I think, you'll be able to fix it by tweaking the BIOS.

Regards, Guenter
Do you have an emulator? or an official dongle?

I think this error is due to an illegal copy of WD12

Xcuse my bad english
Hello Ivan

My money is on Windev to be the instigator of the problem combined with perhaps low available memory and user intervention.
You don't mention the OS you are running but from memory the problem was more frequent in Win2000 and we find XP SP2 is very stable. We have not tried Vista and will resist that temptation for as long as possible.

In previous Windev versions you cause this problem by being too impatient when a search was running. If you run a "find" through the entire project code and then click in the items found and start editing while the search is running we could always expect this error in earlier versions although it has got a lot better better in V11, but we are still wary and wait until our searches have completed rather than attempting anything while they are running.

This happens on a variety of machines with varying configurations, but generally our computers are working pretty hard with Windev on multiple screens, running some sort of music player, vpn and rdp connections to clients, checking mail and with a web browser and Word or Excel all open at the same time, we don't expect miracles, and I know all these extraneous activities contribute to problems in our situation.

Our computers are very rarely turned off and I expect they will crash or slowdown in some manner at some point, so I always backup while I am working.
While you are working in WIndev, periodically Alt S then Ctl Shift W
In the Windev main menu Tools > General Options set the management of auto backup on , backup to 10 minutes and Force Flush.
Once or twice a week, delete the cpl directory and start with a clean slate as this seems to eliminate slowdowns and problems when you have multiple users in the same project.

Regards
Al
Hi!

I have the same Problem with WinDev 11 running von Windows Vista Ultimate 64. The strange thing: sometimes i get the "GPF" and sometimes not. I figured it out: the timersys() or automated prcedure ist the cause. Are you using timers in your project?

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.