Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB data i/o interface using wd12

Posted by King 
King
USB data i/o interface using wd12
August 20, 2008 10:37PM
Hi All,

How can I read/write data using USB port instead of using serial/parallel port?

Any Help?

Thx in advance!

Cheers

King
GuenterP
Re: USB data i/o interface using wd12
August 21, 2008 08:10AM
Hi King,

you can identify a certain USB-port by its unique ID. (command: USBListDevice ) If it is a storage medium (all unique IDs of those start with USBSTOR\DISK... it will certainly be possible to do a read / write - provided you know its drive letter! As I got confirmation from PCS, command USBFind(USBDrive,DriveLetter) does not work properly right now but will be fixed within the coming weeks. As soon as USBFind() works Ok, we'll be able to have an unambiguous relation between unique ID and drive letter. Writing to USBSTOR\DISK devices is easy, because they're drives and work with files (fOpen, fRead, fWrite) and Hyperfile H-commands.

Other devices (e.g. USB-HID) than those of type USB-storage are hard to master. Each one has its own manufacturer-supplied driver and will react to API-calls to the DLLs of the driver only. You can get at the names of the driver-DLLs by looking into the device-manager of your computer. There is a command line tool for replacing the device manager too: DevCon. Download from [support.microsoft.com]

Kind regards,
Guenter
King
August 21, 2008 07:13PM
Thks Guenter

Then I may use a hardware device usb2Serial for short right now
because the wine nozzle interface is in USB mode and all I need is to probe
and record how many shots of each individual liquor that has been rung in.

Thx again!

King

Chc
August 27, 2008 12:30PM
I suggest that you use the driver that come with the hardware .
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.