Hi all,

Is it possible: "Making a test scenario in Win Dev 12 as WLanguage?"

Thanks,
Ashury.
Piet van Zanten
Re: Test scenario
August 18, 2008 06:03PM
Hi Ashury,

Can you explain what exactly you are trying to do?

Best regards,
Piet
Ashury
August 19, 2008 10:00AM
Hello Piet,

Oh yes, it is following:
I will develop a test script for test of a application. Test script muss read value from a XLS- data (for this part I muss write a script), and some GUI elements of application has to be set with this value (for this part, I think, I can make a recording, and after I can change the value in script with value from XLS- data),
For all this at the first I need to make a recording to see the test script in WLanguage,
May be can you Help me about that for recording a test scenario in WLanguage?
I thank you for your nice help,

Regards,
Ashury.

Piet van Zanten
August 19, 2008 11:08AM
Hi Ashury,

Just look at the help on WDtest. In short, you select WDtest from the tools menu and start with adding a new script. After creating the new script Windev asks if you want to save the script right away. This is confusing, because in fact this question means that Wdtest starts recording right away.

HTH, best regards,
Piet
Ashury
August 19, 2008 11:32AM
Hi Piet,

thank you for your answering: So recorded not in WLanguage, recorded only all mouse moveing and moese clicks, what has to be done for recording a test scenario "test script" as a WLanguage?

Best Regards,
Ashury.
Piet van Zanten
August 19, 2008 12:48PM
Hi Ashury,

I don't think a test script can be converted to Wlanguage.
Just create a window with the gui elements and a button with embedded code.
Search the Help index for XLS.

Best regards,
Piet
Ashury
August 19, 2008 03:08PM
Hi Piet,

I thank you, but "What has to be done for cerating the gui elements with embeded code?"

Best Regards,
Ashury.
Piet van Zanten
August 19, 2008 04:35PM
Hi Ashury,

If you don't have a basic knowledge of Windev I advise you to read the Windev Tutorial.
Or download the Windev 11 concepts document.
[www.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com]

Best regards,
Piet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2008 04:36PM by Piet van Zanten.
Sohan
August 19, 2008 08:01PM
Hi Ashury,

After reading the other 4 threads you have opened about this matter, I am guessing that you are trying to use Windev to test an application that was NOT written in Windev. Am I right?

/sohan
Ashury
August 20, 2008 09:13AM
Hi Sohan,

application has been written in WinDev (another company), and we use for automatic testing "WinRunner" from "Mercury HP",
but this application cannot be tested with WinRunner, because i try to use WinDev for automatic testing,
at the moment i will make a evaluation, is it so possible?

Best Regards,
Ashury.
Sohan
August 20, 2008 02:40PM
Hi Ashury,

Then the big question is: do you have access to the original Windev project (the source code) or only the compiled version of the app (.EXE and DLL's)? And do you know the version of Windev it was written in?

/sohan
Alexandre Leclerc
August 20, 2008 03:00PM
Hi Ashury,

As far as I know, you can't create a test for an EXE if you are not in the code of this application. i.e. to record a test you must be in the project. Then after you can run the test on the EXE with WDAutomate.exe (french name).

But if this is an external EXE and you have no time to build a WinDev test suite to get all system mouse events and convert that to system mouse calls, etc. I suggest you a software that already does all what you want (it's free):

[www.autoitscript.com]

There is a small learning curve, but you can automate the testing of ANY exe application. It's quite good for you case, I would guess.

But if you have the original project code in WinDev, simply go in the code, record test script, then run them on the application in the editor or on the exe with the robot. You will save a lot of time.

Best regards.
Ashury
August 22, 2008 12:57PM
Hi Sohan,

i donot have access to code of allication, i can access only the aplication at the web site,
this application is written in WinDev XII, i will be use WinDev XII for testing.

Best Regards,
Ashury.
Ashury
August 22, 2008 01:12PM
Hi Alexander Leclerc,

I tank you very much for your excellent information,

Best Regards,
R. Ashury.

Sohan
August 22, 2008 01:55PM
Hi Ashury,

You access the app over the web? Are you sure then it was created in Windev, not in Webdev?

Actually I do not have experience with Windev's auto-test module. I replied to your questions because in all the threads that you opened about this issue, people misunderstood your situation. You were not getting the answers that you need because people on this forum (being developers themselves) naturally assume that you want to auto-test your own application.

I think it is best that you restate your situation. Be as elaborate as possible. I think Alexandre gave you some good advise, but since he did not know that you access the app via a web-browser, it is probably of no use to you. So try to paint the whole picture, instead of offering bits of information piece by piece. Then I am sure it will get you the answers that you are looking for.

/sohan
Ashury
August 25, 2008 10:32AM
Hi Sohan,

I am sure, tool is developed with WinDev XII (another department),
I have experimented with WinRunner Version 9.2 and Rational Robot, but it was not possible, with GUI- Spy of the GUI- Object correctly to analyze, because of this deficit, I try to use WinDev. I have not experience with this Tool, I am at a analyzing phase to understanding this tool,
maybe is this too really a golden tool, it is depended on implemented features, maybe is for many application better than WinRunne or Rational Robot,
I think, is important, how is the interface of GUI- Spy to environment, how is working the GUI- Spy of WinDev,
how the properties of a GUI have to be defined, and how are this properties have to be changed during the testing, and...

Thanks,
Ashury.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.