Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beware of *MyFile* in WinDev 12

Posted by GuenterP 
GuenterP
Beware of *MyFile* in WinDev 12
August 17, 2008 05:33AM

In a big WD11 project, I chose to name a string variable 'MyFile' and used the variable extensively. Moving the project over to WD12 showed a few of those usual inconsistencies. Fixed those and GO! However, the project didn't run. Very soon I found that all occurrences of <b>MyFile</b> in the code editor were shown in black which meant that they belonged to the W-language somehow. Replacing all occurrences of MyFile with My_File did the job.

Looking into WinDev Help does not reveal MyFile as a reserved word. In contrary, one can find MyFile everywhere in the examples of WD-Help as placeholder for a filename. Greetings from version XIII ?

Kind regards,
Guenter
Glenn Rathke
Re: Beware of *MyFile* in WinDev 12
August 17, 2008 03:37PM
A programing Chartet would have helped. sMyFile would have prevented this inthe first place. Of course, we're all 20/20 after the fact. :cheers:

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.