Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Developing a HF C/S application

Posted by GuenterP 
GuenterP
Developing a HF C/S application
August 10, 2008 10:55AM
Hi friends,

I have a new application to develop in HF C/S. Since I have to use three different computers in three different locations for development, I'm using a USB-hard disk to move the project around. But. Each time, the HFCS-connections of the files in the analysis have to be switched to the differently named server. Since a bunch of files in the analysis is password-protected, this is rather time consuming. There are two different connections, I have to input passwords .. time goes by.

Now, I had a real 'bright' idea. I changed the file definition for all the files to being Hyperfile Classic. A test project (establishing the connection and change to HF C/S in project code) assured me that this would work just fine. However, it did not work! In the real project, I establish the connection in an MDI-child window - not in project code - and all of a sudden when calling up another MDI-child the connection was gone, the application was asking for the non-existant 'classic' file in the \exe directory.

So, I strongly suspect that connections established in a window first do not persist for other windows. Is there any documentation for that behaviour or did I do something wrong? Should it work? Why does it work for a connection established in project code?

Solution: I changed the files in the analysis back to HF C/S and decided to connect to our web server through a web connection. This saves me from re-defining the connection in the analysis each and every time I move to another place.

Kind regards,
Guenter

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.