Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SCM Anybody?

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
SCM Anybody?
August 08, 2008 02:40PM
Hi,

I could use some help with this. We're using SCM. If a developer creates a new element, say a query and update SCM, I can then see the new query in the Project Tree. However, the file is not present on my hard drive and thus a red x is shown in the tree on that query.

So the question is, how do I force down the file so I physically have it?

Thanks
Glenn
Andres Sanchez
Re: SCM Anybody?
August 08, 2008 05:55PM
Glenn:

"Refresh from all the elements" from the SCM menu, or the icon update all the elements.

We use the SCM every day and is great but, I have found that when one programmer creates a new element, and you update via the options above, or say you load the project and update everything, the new elements dont work, because the code is not recognized, I have to go in every where there is code, in order to make some change, for instance, add a space, and now the code is recognized.

I have reported this to PcSoft, but as always, they ignore problem.

Andres Sanchez
Sigurd
August 08, 2008 06:22PM
Hi Glenn,

You must be project master in order to add an new element to the SCM.

If you are not connected to the SCM as the project master but as usual as guest, then the object is added locally. Although is updated into all the extracted directories, it is not found in the project of the other developers. They have to open the object, check it out, change a stupid thing, compile the object, save and add it to the project.
Even if you cancel your extraction after these few steps, the object remains in your project tree and will run as if nothing happened. Until you retrieve the master version of the project.

Only if the project master adds an object, it is added for all guests.

This is somehow changed in WD12 and SCM12 where a third option is added to the SCM >> Project Managment >> Manage the project checkout automatically.

Kind regards,
Sigurd Dieleman

Glenn Rathke
August 09, 2008 12:42AM
Thanks..... What we found is if you add it to the SCM form the SCM Administrator panel, it all works as expected.

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.