Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

webdev AWP debugging in v12

Posted by KenKnight 
KenKnight
webdev AWP debugging in v12
July 23, 2008 05:09PM
Hi all,

Ok... i must be missing something because I thought that v12 webdev was going to have AWP debugging. I've got 30A120055n installed and debugging is definitely not working for myself.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Thanks,
Ken
Jeff Graham
Re: webdev AWP debugging in v12
July 24, 2008 04:25AM
Hi Ken,

I used AWP debugging a lot with the latest version. What I did notice is that you MUST set a stop before starting a test.

Cheers,
Jeff
KenKnight
July 24, 2008 09:37PM
Something must be messed up on my system then, because I can set a breakpoint and then hit the "go" button and it doesn't do a thing.

Very strange. Thanks for the heads up that it must be something local... that at least gives me a place to start.

Cheers!
Ken

PS. Are you running IIS or abyss on your local dev machine?
Jeff Graham
July 25, 2008 02:29PM
I am running IIS on my development machine. I set a breakpoint (server code only) and it will stop at that point on single or project test. I don't have Abyss on a development machine or I would test that.

Good luck,
Jeff
Jeff Graham
July 25, 2008 02:58PM
Hi Ken,

Another point. I have reported several problems with AWP pages to PCSoft. One is the fact that I can set a breakpoint in code related to a thumbnail control and I hit that breakpoint many more times than I should before the page is displayed. So thinking more about your problem, there is probably some internal bugs in the AWP debugging.

Another problem I reported is that a dynamic page displays the correct thumbnail from a HF database if NOT AWP but as soon as you make it AWP, it shows a totally unrelated photo. My debugging does show that the correct record is still being read. I am currently trying to figure out how to work around this. My client wants to be able to send URL's that will show this page at any time plus have the search engines find it.

AWP is very frustrating to me!

Cheers,
Jeff
KenKnight
August 02, 2008 10:15PM
Hi all,

This is to confirm that AWP does indeed work, however, I have only been able to make it work using IIS as the web server.

For myself, this is truly a tough pill to swallow, as I despise IIS. I tolerate it on production servers, simply because it is the "defacto standard" in the windows world, but thats the only reason.

If I can find a way to make it work with abyss I will post back how here.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.