Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

comparison question ( webdev 21 )

Posted by Allard 
Allard
comparison question ( webdev 21 )
July 09, 2016 08:24AM
Hi Once again me with maybe a strange request.

Does any of you know visual dataflex. It seems they now have a tool that can generate windows web and mobile apps form 1 code base.

It is compiled software that runs on the app server. thus it can be a web application windows or mobileapp. The app server does all the work.

OK Question how does this compeet with webdev? ( for the moment Iam onley interested in comparing with webdev)

It has a 4gl langadge and it can produce nice looking respobnsive apps. etc etc. cool but it compiles . Is this good or bad thing ?

The reson why I ask this is because I have found an other developer who agrees with me on the use of servoy. We both want to make business apps. Not de bussiness of making work arrounds or spending 10 times more time on stuff that should be simple.

He is veery sceptic. And with good reason. (servoy becomes more and more a desaster ) And the windows app of the company is written in dataflex as well ( an older version, ). Servoy was choosen at the time because dataflex was not good anough a view years ago.

We are spendig a few months now on an API . And Iam working on an huge xml import that would have been finnished when using webdev ( I think it webdev works with xml like windev does, ha ha )

Ok Long story. Does anyone know visual dataflex and could any one give pointers why webdev is better?

regards

Allard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 08:39AM by Allard.
JP
Re: comparison question ( webdev 21 )
July 10, 2016 01:48PM
Allard,

I dont know Servoy, never used it, but why do you say it becomes more and more a disaster?
Michael Q
July 10, 2016 04:07PM
Hi Allard,

I suggest you check out www.codeontime.com.

It seems to tick all the boxes and has an excellent responsive interface automatically.

Michael
Yogi Yang
July 11, 2016 09:30AM
Hello Allard,

Do check out Omnis also: [www.omnis.net]

I have not used it yet but it looks promising!

If you do not mind going with .NET then also check out IronSpeed. I had a chance to use it once in distant past and it worked like charm.

HTH

Yogi Yang
Michael Q
July 11, 2016 09:32AM
Iron Speed, Inc. has decided to discontinue operations. The primary reasons were cited by the company CEO as “expense of litigation with patent troll” and “product sales have been severely impacted”.

Michael
Yogi Yang
July 11, 2016 01:15PM
Ok then there are very few options left.
1. Code Charge Studio
2. Code on Time
3. DXperience Suit (with XPO and XAF)
4. ASP/ ASPX/PHP Maker/Runner
5. Telerik (with RAD)
6. SyncFusion

There may be others but I don't know about them.

HTH
Yogi Yang
July 11, 2016 01:30PM
Oh! I forgot to mention Oracle ADF - [www.oracle.com]

It is free! And JAVA based!

HTH
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.