Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD14US: Adding a Global Procedure -> Hang

Posted by Jimbo 
Jimbo
WD14US: Adding a Global Procedure -> Hang
June 22, 2009 03:24PM

HI,

I tried to add a new global procedure to rather big project. Right-clicked into the global procedures pane, chose 'New global Procedure' from the context menu and that's it. WD14 hangs and does not come back to life. Tried this several times.

Workaround: In Treeview of the Project there are global procedures shown as well and there one can add a global procedure without any problem.

Regards,
Guenter
Piet van Zanten
Re: WD14US: Adding a Global Procedure -> Hang
August 21, 2009 12:00PM
Hi Guenter,

This is a problem that occurs very frequently, in fact on right click to add almost any element to the project: adding a class, procedure etc. A restart does not help.
Usually a project repair fixes the problem. I think this has to do with the project and the compiler being out of sync. Often a search still finds removed elements or does not find just added elements. Same goes for compilation errors that won't go away.

I reported to PCsoft and they replied that they are not able to reproduce the problem. Is this problem specific to the US version then? Because otherwise the French community would surely have responded.
I am allowed to send them my project, which they normally don't allow, so I guess they see the gravity of the problem.
I'm not sure if I'll do that, exposing my sources.

Regards,
Piet
Jimbo
August 21, 2009 01:04PM

Hi Piet,

WD14/US (and FR too) hangs a lot on many occasions.

I had the problem with global procedures too but this particular one left after updating to version 029v !

But still, seeing WD14/US IDE to crash a couple of times each day is a familiar view. Alt-S every now and then has become my habit. My favorite one is to remove an additional event from the code by clicking the [...] button and removing the check from one of the check boxes in the window that pops up. Sometimes it works for three times, sometimes it would crash on the first time. Sometimes the IDE doesn't crash for three hours, sometimes it's crashing every 15 minutes.

I'm not amused. My recommendation for version 15 is: document, debug and repair 500 things in WinDev. No new features! Make the existing ones work!

Kind regards,
Guenter

Piet van Zanten
August 21, 2009 06:07PM
Hi Guenter,

Same here. Did you report to PCsoft? I find it hard to believe that they can just react by saying we cannot reproduce this kind of behaviour, while we experience it every day. If the French version is the same, they're in big trouble and it would be time to communicate something to the users.

Regards,
Piet
Jimbo
September 15, 2010 05:38PM

Hi Piet,

I'm getting exactly the same answers like you do: Send us a project, demonstrate the error, supply an example and so on. Sending a projects / examples ends up like a) nothing happens b) an error code. Fixing of some problems takes from WinDev 5.5 to WinDev 14 - there no status of the problems. Listing of problems and doing your own follow-up is a big sin, very insulting, see fate of WinDasso ..

kind regards,
Guenter

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.