Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD14 user groupware

Posted by Malc 
Malc
WD14 user groupware
May 12, 2009 04:02PM
I have extended the user groupware to operate with MS SQL, plus some other ui enhancements. Additionally a couple of extra fields were added to the users table e.g.

GPWUser.LanguageCode

If the GPWLogin form, the procedure CheckUser was modified so that
after
IF HFound(GPWUSER) THEN
we set a variable
gsLanguageCode     = GPWUSER.LanguageCode
This does not work in WD14, though it was fine in WD12.

Error

No LanguageCode item found in GPWUser file

The workaround seems to be to do a SQL Select to get the value, which works fine.

Now I know it is probably a bad idea to add extra fields to the groupware tables, and we, have considered creating another table for 'extra' data and synching the rows, but as it was only two fields, we thought we would try it and it initially worked. Quite why it doesn't now is beyond me.

Regards

Malc

Jimbo
Re: WD14 user groupware
May 12, 2009 05:01PM
Hi Malc,

I assume that you have to HOpenAnalysis(..) before being able to use it. I'd try to do a HListAnalysis(..) before the statement
gsLanguageCode = GPWUSER.LanguageCode
in order to make sure that the analysis (changed by yourself not as a fixed one from PCS!) is available to your software. As I remember, the tricky thing is to locate the analysis (switch of paradigma in test mode / exe run).

Kind regards
Guenter
Malc
Re: WD14 user groupware
May 14, 2009 12:11PM
Hi Guenter

I've coded around the issue now, but I will try you suggestion when I have a moment.

Cheers

Malc
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.