Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD12] RAD Pattern Errors/Auto generate problem

Posted by DarrenF 
DarrenF
[WD12] RAD Pattern Errors/Auto generate problem
October 22, 2008 02:38PM
Hi all,

After discovering the new RAD analysis pattern was available and we all by now have the new English pattern (it's even available on the PCS site!), I then tackled the issue of the errors when generating the automatic RAD with PCS. I've had a response from PCS and apparently it's been considered as a bug and has been given to the developers to look at.

For your reference, the bug number is #59 498/330769.

Unfortunately, there's no ETA on this particular fix... I hope I don't have to hold my breath for too long!

If you want to generate a list of errors of your very own from the existing standard RAD pattern, then simply follow these instructions (as supplied to PCS):

1) Create new project and give it a name – My_ProjectRAD for example, then click to Continue.
2) Click next on the Attached Documents section.
3) Select ‘RAD Pattern’ type of project and click Continue.
4) Select ‘No, I work on my own’ and click Continue.
5) Select ‘No, do not use SCM’ and click Continue.
6) Select ‘Yes, use the programming charter below’ and click Continue.
7) Select ‘Active vista’ style and click Continue.
8) Select ‘English’ language and click Continue.
9) Click the green tick to accept and create the project.
10) After the processing finishes – on the resulting ‘What do you want to do?’ window, select the ‘Full Application RAD Automatic Generation’.
11) On the RAD Generation window, scroll down and select ‘Simple RAD’ pattern from the list and click Continue.
12) On the ‘Choosing the files’ window click Continue.
13) On the ‘Entry points for the application’ window click Continue.
14) On the ‘User groupware’ window click Continue to accept the ‘Yes: Include the management of user groupware’ default.
15) On the ‘Including the ‘?’ menu’ window click Continue to accept the ‘Yes: Include the ‘?’ menu’ default.
16) Click the green tick to start the automatic generation.
17) On the ‘Choosing the options of ‘?’ menu’ window click Continue to accept the defaults.
18) On the ‘Application Help’ window click Continue to select the ‘Generate a help file automatically’ default.
19) Click Continue on the ‘Send feedback, notify incidents, create a business rule…’ window.
20) Click Continue on the ‘Register the product option’ window.
21) Click Continue on the ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ window.
22) Click Continue on the second ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ window.
23) Click Continue on the third ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ window.
24) Click Continue on the fourth ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ window.
25) Click Continue on the fifth ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ window.
26) Click Continue on the final ‘Configuring the ‘About’ window’ (title) window.
27) Click the green tick on the ‘It’s done!’ window and automatic generation begins.
28) When automatic generation completes, the ‘Help for your application’ window is displayed – click Continue.
29) Click Continue on the ‘General Information’ window.
30) Click Continue on the ‘Legal Information’ window.
31) Click Continue on the ‘Automatic Generation’ window.
32) Click Continue on the second ‘Automatic Generation’ window.
33) Click the green tick on the ‘It’s done!’ window to generate the help files.
34) Click ‘Don’t Generate’ button when asked ‘Do you want to generate the chm file for your help system?’.
35) After the auto generation has completed, there are 32 errors generated! Why is this???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 03:01PM by DarrenF.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.