Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12/US v56c - USBFind with USBDrive

Posted by Jimbo 
Jimbo
WD12/US v56c - USBFind with USBDrive
October 04, 2008 05:38PM

USBFind(USBDrive,"X:") still does not work !

I reported that malfunction to be in WD12/US version 055n and I've been made believing that this one would be fixed with the next version. It is not - no changes in behaviour compared to the previous version. It simply spits out wrong results ..

Guenter
GuenterP
Re: WD12/US v56c - USBFind with USBDrive
October 19, 2008 06:48PM
Last week, I got an answer after a two months wait from Tech Support saying that there's maybe little chance for a fix in WinDev 12. Wait for WinDev 14 ...
Jimbo
Re: WD12/US v56c - USBFind with USBDrive * partially fixed *
April 27, 2009 07:30PM
I tested WinDev 14/US pre-release in regards to the USBFind(USBDrive,DriveLetter) command. It is working now in that respect that it is finding all of the USB memory sticks attached to the current computer. It does not find USB-Hard-Disks, there is no corresponding drive letter found. Maybe, my Vista*64 is a problem, so please, if you have some minutes, use the small project and tell me whether its workintg / not working on other Windows platforms.

[www.windev.at]

Kind regards,
Guenter
Ruben Sanchez Peña
June 26, 2009 01:56AM
Hi Jimbo. It does works for me with USB hard drives in my Vista 32 SP2 and WD14.

I think the Serial Number of disk is wrong (it say value 7) and the disk letter is wrong also. It say S: and my disk is a NTFS disk with Z: disk letter assigned.

It detect fine my USB sticks.

Rubén Sánchez Peña

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 02:12AM by Ruben Sanchez Peña.
Jimbo
June 26, 2009 08:15AM
Ruben Sanchez Peña
Hi Jimbo. It does works for me with USB hard drives in my Vista 32 SP2 and WD14.

I think the Serial Number of disk is wrong (it say value 7) and the disk letter is wrong also. It say S: and my disk is a NTFS disk with Z: disk letter assigned.

It detect fine my USB sticks.

Rubén Sánchez Peña

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 06/26/09 02:12AM by Ruben Sanchez Peña.

Hi Rubén,

as long as the drive letter of hard disks is reported in a wrong way, I do regard USBFind(DriveLetter, ..) still as *partially fixed*. What other purpose could USBFind(DriveLetter, ..) have than to to report the DriveLetter correctly?

USB-sticks are reported correctly, true. If you look into the registry, you will see that USB hard drives and USB sticks do sit in two separate sections of the registry. I acknowledge that it is a non-trivial job to find the drive letter of a *plugged-in* USB drive. USB drives with uncertain plug-in state can be retrieved easily from the registry, because Windows 'remembers' all USB-devices for which it loaded a Windows driver and assigned a drive letter in the past. But that doesn't mean that the USB-device is plugged-in.

Kind regards,
Guenter

Kind regards
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.