Ola
Code editor: Block editing capabilities
January 08, 2011 08:30PM
I am SO much missing the excellent block editing capabilities I had in Clarion CPD editor, that it almost hurts. Do I get it? Probably not. This definitely is too difficult, not only for PCSoft, but for most editor makers?:-)
Art Bonds
Re: Code editor: Block editing capabilities
July 17, 2011 02:52AM
It's in version 16.
Ola
October 25, 2011 11:50AM
Hi Art

No, it is not.

It is only a faint shadow of what I want (and have in Clarion CPD): you can only copy a block and paste it in the beginning of empty lines. And of course this is better than nothing. But, in WD 16 you can't inset the block in between another block of already existing text, which would be the "killer" feature I am looking for.

As I said, this is obviously an OVERWHELMINGLY difficult job to do even to the world class programmers of PCS...

Ola
Ola
October 23, 2014 03:28PM
Just to give some credit to PCSoft:

Block editing is currently (in version 19) as good as it needs be, maybe even better than what is what in Clarion CPD, where I first learned to use it. The only drawback is that you have to use mouse to fully use it.

best regards
Ola
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.