Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PDF-file in an image control

Posted by Stefan Bentvelsen 
Stefan Bentvelsen
January 20, 2009 10:15AM
Hi all,

it would be very nice if a image control could be filled with a PDF-file direct form a binary memo file-item.
With image files like .jpg's this is possible, but with PDF-files I can't get it to work. First I have to save the PDF-file from the binary memo temporarily to disk, then link the name of it to the image control (WD12). The PDF-file is then showed in the image control, which works OK. After that I have to delete the PDF-file to clean up.

In prior versions I used a HTML control, but the working depends on the version of Acrobat Reader. Version 8 works OK, version 9 crashed after empty the HTML-control (HTML1=""). I want to have the control in my WD program, not in third-party components.
arronwall
Re: PDF-file in an image control
January 28, 2014 04:54AM
I think many image controls online also allows users to do PDF manipulating with it nowadays. But I am not using Acrobat Reader. I googled another Image control to help me with the PDF processing. You can also google it and have a try. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron
Cheungxin
Re: PDF-file in an image control
April 14, 2014 06:24AM
I agree with arronwall. Generally, image control can render images easily, but for PDF file, maybe not easy. Firstly, maybe render PDF to image object collection.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.