Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Column headers in analysis

Posted by Ola 
Ola
Column headers in analysis
January 08, 2011 07:56PM
I would be flabbergasted, if WD finally got separate column headers for each item in the analysis, so that the column header of short length items would not have to be modified each time for new tables and reports.

Example:
Let's say we have a field called "Discount code", length 2 chars. That would be an OK name as a field header in a file maintenance form, but totally unsuitable as a column header in a browsing table or report, where a shorter header, such as "DC", would be perfect. So I need two headers for each item.

Ola
Ola
Re: Column headers in analysis
October 25, 2011 11:57AM
I just would like to remind, that this really is a very needed feature, and surely not too difficult to do?!?!?

Just one multi-language field more to each item in the analysis, and applying its content to new table and report column headers?

Ola
Ola
Re: Column headers in analysis
May 07, 2020 02:09PM
I am still missing the column header field in the item's description...
And here's another suggestion to improve the editing of the analysis (the data descriptions): the copy feature. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to just copy an existing file item to a new one and then just change the label and what ever else needs to be changed? This would give a lot more speed to developing the analysis.

Best regards
Ola
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.