Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mutiple project test data files option

Posted by Al 
Al
Mutiple project test data files option
October 09, 2008 08:22AM
Hello All

If you have been reading my wish list items, you will probably have picked up a common thread. I am not after flash new features, I would just like PCSoft to sit back and revisit their product from our point of view. I know from my own experience that the best parts of our software are those that have been fine tuned by sitting with the people who use it every day and observing how they use it, it can be quite revealing.

Anyway, what I would like to nominate this time is the ability to set the test data files used by the project during development testing on a per developer basis. Quite often we are working with client data that we have uploaded and are testing new and old code against unique sets of data. At the moment we can only have one data set per project which means that if I want to work with a different set of data that is set up to test against, I have to run with a local copy of the project and then merge the code later on.

Windev maintains a multitude of separate settings already for each developer per project, so why not allow us to set our own data files for testing ?

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.