Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cross Reference

Posted by Marius 
Marius
Cross Reference
October 07, 2008 10:53AM
I would like to identify the variables that are no longer used in the application. I find myself often creating far more variables than what I need.
BLS
Re: Cross Reference
October 07, 2008 03:14PM
No Sir.
You are asking for a feature which already exist. ( at least since WX 11)

Highlight your variable by double clicking .. press Shift F2.

Creating more variables than necessairy ... makes me shake my head Why ?

Hakito ergo sum Fan ? smiling smiley

No offense but clearly : Vote--
Bjoern

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 03:18PM by BLS.
Marius
Re: Cross Reference
October 08, 2008 06:22AM
Hi Bjoern

Yes, the feature exist, but it is not very helpful. I want to know which variables are not used and I would like to click a button the program should search for variables that are not in use in the application. I don't want to click(Shift F2) on all my variables, that is insane. Maybe you have the time to clean your project up by pressing the combination of keys on every single variable, but I can asure you I don't have.

As for the second comment of yours. "Shake your head". Well what can I say. When I program I create variables as I try to create a solution. During the process I may realize that there should be a better way of solving the problem, I then use some of the previously created variables, but it is possible that I don't use all of them. The other scenario is that I might copy a piece of code to another process and change the code, but then obviously I don't use all the variables again. So, as you can see there are many reasons why there could be variables that are redundant.

Regards
Marius
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.