Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EIB/KNX domotics interface

Posted by Theo Derks 
Theo Derks
EIB/KNX domotics interface
October 05, 2008 09:34PM
Hello,

In addition to the already possibilty to program with X10-installations, I want an interface to program the EIB/KNX-interface. EIB (European Installation Bus) and KNX (Konnex) is a world-wide standard for home-automation (building-automation) for switching lamps, ports, heating, motors etc.

The problem is programming applications for the EIB/KNX-bus; to make your installation visible to customers you have to have a visualisation of your home or building, and switching your lamps, screens, airco's, via a touch-screen of PC.

The use of 'intelligent' homes and buildings in the future will be greater and greater, therefore it is important to make programs for this market.

Is would be great if Windev 13 has the possibility to make programs for KNX/EIB.

For more information: www.knx.nl or www.knx.org

Theo Derks,
The Netherlands.

BLS
Re: EIB/KNX domotics interface
October 06, 2008 07:21PM
Hello Theo, This is very interesting for me. So thanks for the pointer and your suggestion. (Hope PCS is listening!)
Just one question / Exists an API ?
('cause I have not found anything about a C- Java- WhatTheHeck- API)
Thanks in advance, Bjoern
Theo Derks
Re: EIB/KNX domotics interface
October 15, 2008 11:11PM
Hello Bjoern,

Due to my holiday I just read your post.

I'm looking for many months for Api's etc. to program my KNX/EIB-installation from a Windows-application (specially WinDev).

After my holiday I will test EIBserver (see [www.dehof.de]).

Please send your email-address to me, so we can speak eachother about EIB/KNX. You can find my email-adress on www.dhg.nl, so send me an email.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Theo Derks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.