Advanced

Spelling

Posted by Harry Wubbels 
Harry Wubbels
Spelling
October 04, 2008 01:27PM
Hi,

I like to have spellcheck in ONE way.
When you do spellcheck "in typing mode" then Windev uses OO.
When you do spellcheck with "right click" then Windev starts Microsoft Office the check the spelling ?
I want to use OO in both cases because then you can add words the the OO dictionary.
The added words will then be recognized in the "typing" mode.

The most beautiful is to make a setup menu for the AA functions.
Do you want use "Microsoft Office" or "Open Office" for the AA functions

Regards Harry

Al
Re: Spelling
October 05, 2008 09:04AM
Hello Harry

I agree this needs fixing as the spell checking is very badly implemented and is not really usable.
It looks like it was geared around European operations where Open Office obviously has more of a hold but in Australia, none of my clients will use Open Office and I imagine the same would hold true in America.

V12 Has a spell check as right click option in an edit control but it doesn't work and I couldn't find any doco for it, but I assume it would work if I set up for Open Office.

There are currently two ways to implementing the spellcheck which means two sets of code which is not the way to implement any process

Windev is a high level language. There should be a simple command to nominate the spelling provider in a global sense for the app.
AAFSpellcheck = "MSWord" or AAFSpellcheck = "OpenOffice" That style of syntax then leaves room for other types of spell checking to be implemented if required.

The AAFSpellcheck() option for spellchecking is then either on or off for a control.

A spellcheck button needs to be added to the RTF editing bar so that the current control can be checked.

Spellchecking can also be done with a separate button using AAFExecute()

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.