Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rotating image

Posted by Frans 
Frans
Rotating image
October 09, 2008 11:50AM
Hello to you all,

I would like to rotate an image and that after the rotation the quality is the same as before.
Now I can rotate it but the quality gets lower.
And after the rotation the image fits in the border.

Regards,

Frans
Curtis
Re: Rotating image
March 30, 2015 11:25PM
I have the same problem using dRotation. But the WD Advanced Rotation example uses the same function without blurring.

Anyone else deal with this?
Andrew MacKenzie
Re: Rotating image
May 01, 2015 10:03PM
There's a couple issues with the dxxxxxxxx functions.

The one I'm annoyed with most: in a procedure running in a separate thread, create a new image variable, load an image into it (try to get a larger size (2000x2000) to see the result more clearly) then rotate that image... all in a separate thread. A separate thread.... a separate thread (just to be clear... it's all happening in a separate thread...)...

The call to dRotation hangs up the main UI thread until it's finished. The dRotation call, being performed on a variable that exists only in a separate thread... hangs up the UI thread.

I've since utilized an OpenGL wrapper to do all of my graphics stuff for me -- I don't call a single dxxxxxxx function anymore and life is grand smiling smiley I do enjoy how easy it is to utilize other libraries in WinDev - they did a great job there smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.