Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1010 new features annnually

Posted by Ola 
Ola
1010 new features annnually
January 08, 2011 09:06PM
I wish that PCSoft could increase the number of new features in annual revisions from 1000 to 1010 so that my wishes could be included, too:-)

Ola
[www.pienoismalli.com]
Luiz Menezes
Re: 1010 new features annnually
August 22, 2012 11:02PM
1011, so we could have a Filters in Tables with: Between (between two dates, between two values, etc.).

PC-Soft Support said this could be implemented when I received WD/WD/WM 11. I updated to V.12 for free. Then updated to V14. Now I'm waiting for Version 18 to see if the Filter feature gets better.
GuenterP
Re: 1010 new features annnually
August 23, 2012 07:45AM
Hi Luiz,

there's HFilter(..) which gives you a broad range of filtering. There's the command HFilterIncludedBetween(..) which simplifies filtering for from-to values since version 9 (!) and is not limited to key items of the filtered file! However, I do not recommend to use any of the HFilter.. commands because of speed issues and because of their application-wide filtering. If you don't / can't use HDeactivateFiler(..) then matters will become a bit complex. There are two much better ways to 'filter' a Table.
- use a Query. For big files use a stored procedure for routinely used 'filters'.
- use a memory Table and fill it by programming.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.