Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB12 Application Server Install Problem

Posted by Jeff Graham 
Jeff Graham
WB12 Application Server Install Problem
July 22, 2008 03:37PM
Hi Everyone,

Continuing my saga with WebDev12, I installed the test application server at my client's site because my upgrade to the 12 version did not get shipped and PC Soft sent the CD by mail. Now I have the CD and cannot get it to install.

I first tried updating the installed test version but that failed. I tried renaming the C:\WebDev 12 directory and installing. Every time it says the the file C:\WebDev 12\unist.inf is missing and terminates. Also Add/Remove Programs can't uninstall.

Any suggestions on how to remove the test version and get a clean install?

By the way, to get around AWP looper problems I made those pages dynamic again and have a mixed site.
Bob Stratton (bosher)
Re: WB12 Application Server Install Problem
July 22, 2008 10:58PM
Hi Jeff,

Have you looked at the installation document that ships with the app server? You must get ALL of the permissions correct (There are loads of the buggers) to ensure correct operation.

Cheers

Bob

PS: See you in Guadeloupe ! (Fabrice are you listening?? smiling smiley)
Jeff Graham
Re: WB12 Application Server Install Problem
July 23, 2008 03:48PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the input. I found the info on permissions and I will try that out this weekend.

I would really like to have more training in WebDev. I hope Fabrice is listening!

Thanks,
Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.