Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you bookmark a dynamic Webdev page ?

Posted by robert zhong 
robert zhong
How do you bookmark a dynamic Webdev page ?
July 21, 2008 08:43AM
Hi, Webdev experts,

Is there a way to let user (browser) bookmark a normal dynamic page (not AWP without context page )?

thank you in advance
robert zhong
M. Beaven
Re: How do you bookmark a dynamic Webdev page ?
July 21, 2008 04:21PM
Hi Robert,

There is no way that I am aware of to allow the user to bookmark to a specific context address without using AWP.

I believe you can, however, emulate the ability to send a direct-page access bookmark by using a PageParameter from your initial project page. This way- you could have some parameter appended to the site address (page name, etc.) and then use that to display a specific page in the project initialization. Have a look at PageParameter in the help files for futher info.

Again, this is not a solution that would work for users as they navigated the site- but I have used it to send specific site page bookmarks for marketing emails, etc..

HTH-

-Marc
robert zhong
Re: How do you bookmark a dynamic Webdev page ?
July 22, 2008 12:56AM
Thank you Marc for clearing this up for me .
robert zhong
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.