Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev 12 HTML or RTF Editor

Posted by Aad Mess 
Aad Mess
WebDev 12 HTML or RTF Editor
July 18, 2008 10:40PM
Hi,

I wandered if there is a editor for RTF or HTML (lik in the Windev). Maybe a 3th Party control and maybe jou have the code for implementing this control.

Kind Regards, Aad
KenKnight
Re: WebDev 12 HTML or RTF Editor
July 20, 2008 05:50AM
Hi Aad,

Yes, there are a few available. I currently use [tinymce.moxiecode.com] and it seems to work well.

Cheers!
Ken
Aad Mess
July 21, 2008 11:06AM
Thanks Ken,

I will try. Is it hard to implement? Do you have an example?

Regards, Aad
Alexandre Leclerc
July 23, 2008 03:35PM
Hi,

There is also another one, very good, commercial, also 100% javascript:
- [www.innovastudio.com]
- Demo: [www.innovastudio.com]

There is another one, also very good, that you can have in Javascript, or directly in desktop mode (activex or .net). Also commercial.
- [www.pintexx.com]
- Demo: [pineditdemo.pintexx.com]

Hope this helps.
Aad Mess
July 24, 2008 02:11PM
Thanks Alexandre,

They both look very promessing but are they hard to implement? I do not have experience with external components and they are used with e.g. PHP or ASP.

Kind Regards, Aad
steve erts
July 24, 2008 07:13PM
I'd love to hear how these tools were integrated as I am struggling with same issue.

I have downloaded a copy of Tinymce and purchased a copy of Innovastudio but I am having a hard time figuring out how to integrate either of them.
KenKnight
July 24, 2008 09:39PM
Steve and all,

I'll put together a small app in webdev v11 that has everything already integrated and stick it up on WinDevTutorials.com. I won't be able to do it until tomorrow night as I've got a bunch of servers I got to install this evening in the data center.

Cheers!
Ken
steve erts
July 24, 2008 10:07PM
Thanks Ken!
Peter van Vuuren
July 25, 2008 04:58PM
A tiny TinyMCE example for WB

- create a multine edit control (0 visible rows)
- check the aliasname (control..alias)

In your PAGE description>advanced>HTML code something like:
(Check the 'mode', ' theme' etc params in the doc)

<code>
< script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="/TESTSITE_WEB/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js">
</ script>

< script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
mode : "exact",
theme : "advanced",
language : "nl",
elements : 'A6'
});
</ script>
</code>

elements: --> A6 is the ..Alias name in this case
(The (end) script tags are without leading spaces)

Peter
steve erts
July 28, 2008 05:41PM
Have you integrated Innovadat studio w/ Webdev? If so can you tell me how?

I am able to display the control but have been unable to initialize the variable.
steve erts
July 28, 2008 05:43PM
Thanks for this Peter. I am able to initialize the control but I am getting duplicate edit areas on the screen.

I am putting the javascript in the pre-display html section of the invisible edit control.

Is this how you are doing it?
KenKnight
July 29, 2008 03:00AM
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't have time last week (or on the weekend to knock this out).

I've put a sample (ver12) project that demonstrates the use of TinyMCE.

http://www.windevtutorials.com/downloads/tinymce.zip
http://www.windevtutorials.com/downloads/webdev_tinymce.zip

I typically put a copy of tinymce in the root of my web directory and then all my programs that need to use it can reference it directly.

If I get some more time this week I'll get the sample installed for use on the windevtutorials site, however, I'll probably have to remove the "save" feature which writes it to a table.

The first zip file is the version of TinyMCE I had installed... just in case you have a different version, it may break it.

The second zip is the actual webdev 12 project.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Ken
steve erts
July 29, 2008 07:34AM
Ok, I installed the project and TinyMCE and the example looks great.

One question. Being new to WebDev, I'm having a hard time figuring out how you did it.

Where is the code/html that references TinyMCE? I see how you've connected the Control to the Analysis and everything else seems normal, I just don't see where the Editor is referenced.

Thanks Ken!

KenKnight
July 29, 2008 06:16PM
Hi Steve,

The key is to right click on the page and choose Page Description. Go to the advanced tab and look at the HTML / javascript code located in there. That is what initializes the text controls and turns them into the TinyMCE controls. There is also a function in there defined as "mysave". If you look back up at the TinyMCE init code you'll see I'm linking a javascript callback function in TinyMCE to the "mysave" function. So when a person clicks the small "disk" icon, it pushes a non-visible button on the page to save the contents back to the fic file.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.