Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev 5.5b Dongle

Posted by Peter Somplatzky 
Peter Somplatzky
WinDev 5.5b Dongle
July 13, 2008 07:51PM
Hello Everybody,

I use WinDev 5.5b to edit an old application wihich I never upgraded.
On my old Notebook with XP Home the USB Dongle was recognized by WinDev, but now on the new notebook with XP prof. not. I installed the HASP Driver from Aladin and the red light of the dongle is on.
Has anybody an idea what might be missing.
Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings
Peter

GuenterP
Re: WinDev 5.5b Dongle
July 14, 2008 04:36AM
Peter Somplatzky
Hello Everybody,

I use WinDev 5.5b to edit an old application wihich I never upgraded.
On my old Notebook with XP Home the USB Dongle was recognized by WinDev, but now on the new notebook with XP prof. not. I installed the HASP Driver from Aladin and the red light of the dongle is on.
Has anybody an idea what might be missing.
Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings
Peter

Hi Peter,
I take it from your comment about the 'red light' that you're using a USB dongle. I'd recommend to just install WinDev 11 or 12 on your new notebook and look whether WinDev 11/12 starts or not. If it is not starting, then, maybe, there is a general problem with USB. If it is starting then by all means your WD5.5 should work fine too.
KInd regards, Guenter
Peter Somplatzky
Re: WinDev 5.5b Dongle
July 14, 2008 08:23PM
Hi Guenter,
thank you very much for your answer.
I don't have winDev 11 or 12. I stopped ugrading with 5.5 because i stopped developing apllications.
Is there another chance to debug it.
Greetings Peter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.