Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Questions from a Clarion Developer

Posted by IkBeen.pcs.crosspost 
IkBeen.pcs.crosspost
Re: Questions from a Clarion Developer
July 13, 2008 11:42AM
1) Is there a a memory table (like Clarion's In-memory table) that I can use in WinDev Analysis ?
A) yes are named Tables
2) Why can't I import MSSQL Views in my Analysis?
A) The trick that I use is: Create a table whith te same structure , then import in a analisys(equivalent to .dct in clarion) then rename in WD analisys to the real name of view, the sql query are:
SELECT TOP 2 * INTO XXVW_CUSTOMERVIEW FROM VW_CUSTOMERVIEW
GO
Then import to WD analisys the file XXVW_CUSTOMERVIEW
Then rename XXVW_CUSTOMERVIEW to VW_CUSTOMERVIEW
thats all
3) Do I have to use SQLTransaction() and SQLExec() for MSSQL Server transactions or is there another way? In Clarion I can use the same ADD/DELETE/UPDATE/COMMIT/ROLLBACK etc commands with ISAM and SQL Server?
A) you can use the Hcommands, Hadd, Hstarttransaction, Hendtransaction
4) Is there a direct BTRIEVE driver for WinDEV (with no ODBC/DDFs)?
A) I gess no
5) Where are the 3rd parties? I really need a to embed a FULL Basic like language in my applications (complete with Variables, IF/LOOP/CASE and math calculations). Is something like this already included in WinDev?
A) Not necesary use UMC (User Macro Code is a option for programming using WD languaje)
6) I need a simple app that shows MASTER/DETAIL in one window. I can't seem to find an example (like Order Processing) in my installation.
A) Wd use table control (is equivalent a browse in clarion), for example in a window with two tables (browses in clarion) in the selection row embeded of the father, include code like:
TableChildName..FILTER = TableParent.FIELD example:
TABLE_BILLCHILD..FILTER = TABLE_BILLPARENT.BILLNUMBER
TABLEDISPLAY(TABLE_BILLCHILD)

My little contribution to exclarion

Ik Been

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2008 05:08PM by GuenterP.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.