Advanced

SideBar

Posted by Marius 
Marius
SideBar
July 11, 2008 06:36AM
Hi Everyone

WD12

What seems to be an easy thing to do, is giving me a hard time.

How do I increase the height of the panes in a sidebar? I can't find anything in the help. I've been through the properties of the CRM example, but did not find anything useful.

Create my own Sidebar Style control?

Regards
Marius
GuenterP
Re: SideBar
July 13, 2008 05:15PM
MvdW
Hi Everyone

WD12

What seems to be an easy thing to do, is giving me a hard time.

How do I increase the height of the panes in a sidebar? I can't find anything in the help. I've been through the properties of the CRM example, but did not find anything useful.

Create my own Sidebar Style control?

Regards
Marius

Hi Marius, if you're using the side bar on an MDI parent form then you just have set the GUI-options to let it resize with the height of the window. Kind regards, Guenter
Marius
July 14, 2008 06:08AM
Hi Guenter

Doing what you have suggested would not really give me what I want to do. I have images in the panes that are too big for the pane. I would like to increase the height of the pane to accomodate the size of the images in the pane

Regards
Marius
Marius
July 14, 2008 06:19AM
Hi Guenter

My apologies. I've put the sidebar on a window which is not a MDI parent and have noticed that you can change the size. The question now is how do I change the size on a MDI parent window? Could you be more specific because I don't find any options which will assis me to resize the height of the window in the GUI-options tab.

Regards
Marius
GuenterP
July 14, 2008 07:21AM
MvdW
Hi Guenter

Doing what you have suggested would not really give me what I want to do. I have images in the panes that are too big for the pane. I would like to increase the height of the pane to accomodate the size of the images in the pane

Regards
Marius

Hi Marius,

this leads me to suspect that you are writing about the height of the 'buttons' of the sidebar and not about the height of the pane itself?

Solution: Select (= click at) the first pane and look at it! You will see that the 'pane' is selected AND the 'button' of the pane is selected too !!! You can grab the lower marking of the button and pull it down - the button will increase in height and btw all other buttons of the sidebar will do the same !

Kind regards,
Guenter

Marius
July 14, 2008 09:42AM
Hi Guenter

Thanks. I think I'll have a look at it tonight, because clearly I get it right when I create a new window and place the sidebar on it.

I have so many problems with WD12, I can't believe it. I wrote to PCS about some WD12 issues.

Currently I have a window with a graph on. I took that window and try to use it in WD12 now and nothing happens.

I've had so many issues last week concerning procedures (not getting executed at all) that I have to rename and when I rename it back to its original name, would suddenly work. Sometimes when I delete the CPL directory would solve it. Other times I have to rebuild the project after the CPL directory was deleted to get certain procedures to work.

Some weird things are happening. I guess I have to see if these same problems exist on two different PC's

Regards
Marius
Al
July 14, 2008 11:25AM
Hello Marius

Just following up on your V12 comments.
From some earlier posts it would appear there are some issues with converting code from earlier versions.

Is the app giving problems a new one or one created in an earlier version and then converted to V12 ?

I have just finished a small app coded almost entirely in V12 but using an existing V11 analysis ( actually it started life in V5.5) and a couple of V11 global procs and it has been very stable and I have had only one problem with the old code. The result command is a lot stricter in V12 than earlier versions
I think the construction it did not like was:

<pcode>
If something
result true
else
result false
end

It had to be rewritten in V12 to
x is boolean
If something
x = true
else
x = false
end
Result x

</pcode>

Regards
Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2008 11:26AM by Al.
Ben
July 14, 2008 05:33PM
Most of my applications cvonverted well from WD11 to 12. In one case I had to run "Update project dependencies", and it was fine after that.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.