Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any body working with webdev 2024??

Posted by Allard 
Any body working with webdev 2024??
March 26, 2024 12:12PM
Hi

Just a question.Is there anyone out there working succes full with version2024 of webdev.

I tried windev running web pages ( got all dongles ) And now I evern tried webdev 2024 the r version "stand olone ". It has a huge bug it starts up a dll angainand again till all memory is used and nothing works on my pc.

They told me in version r this issue would be solved.well it is not. then there are issues with running a web page in a frame . It doesnot run at all

So I have to get back to version 28 ? Or is there some other solution. This is not workable.

PS
I thought I start working with templates for desktop / tabled en mobile . As this would be earier then responsiver ness ( witch always had issues )
I want to make awp pages as they are for a website not a webapp
Well it doenot work eighter. Maybe I have to switch to an other platform and quit using this as I just is buggy as H... Not worth the mony this way. The response I got from support were very bad indeed. No help no solution just is person that doesnot understand the issue .

and evenwhen i asked for a person who has some nollage of html he did not put me through to someone who did have skills. Just a strange answer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2024 02:25PM by Allard.
Re: Any body working with webdev 2024??
March 27, 2024 10:05AM
Hi

I'm using WB2024 with no problems.

Rgds
Paul
March 29, 2024 09:19AM
Hi

With Dynamic webdev pages . It it is OK . One can make something, a web app that is working. In awb Modus for me it is unuseable. Sorry It is buggy as ....

I wanted to use the layouts so I didnot have to use the responsive tool. a public fasing website has to be responsive these days!!!!

1 It is generating many times
---wd290web64.dll (support de CEF/CEF support) - Win64
it is getting very slow because of this

2 The templates do not stay the same. The dissotiation doesnot work

3 the anchoring doesnot work as it should.Sometimes it does but then when you think it is good it changes things

4 Calling anawb page with different templates from a frame page is not possible with AWP pages ( Dynamic webdev this seems to work)

I think Iam better of using word press . designing webpages with calls to webservice ( witch I canmake with windev )

This has taken me days .All a big waste off time.

5 There was an update. Hmm Nothing changed.( They do say not to use it for real projects .How right they are on that )

At this poind I am trying webdev php . If that doesnot work then I think I have to stop using webdev . A pitty but wasting days on days because the product is buggy is not worth it. 1000 times slower working is not my intention.

Just my thought . A bit negative i know . Sorry for that

regards
Renko Allard
April 03, 2024 01:37PM
Hi

I got it working. not with a frame set but with a redirect from my hosting panel .

The templates issue. I have found a way to work with this

1 Use cels only. So adding a buch of cells to a page. Use nothing else. onley one template with only one layout.Do not add the layouts to the template. It will generate huge amout of dll processes on your pc making it slow .
Then make the cels smller in width and bigger in height.

I only use two : One for desktop one for mobile. ( Anchoring so tabletis the same as mobile )
The disassociate almost all things . Set all for every layout it self

Then it kind of works. I mimiks the responsive tool and has no errors and works ok

regards

Renko Allard
April 05, 2024 12:59AM
Hi Renko

I have WB sites using multiple layouts in the underlying page templates. I do not see the problem you describe with many dll processes being launched. Within the pages themselves I use Flex boxes and cells to give nice responsive behaviour.

BTW I'm using WX2024, and see no launching of many DLLs in either Dynamic or AWP mode.

Rgds
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2024 01:03AM by pauly139.
April 05, 2024 09:32AM
Hi Paul

try making different layouts on a awp page. desktop one for tablt and one for mobile . see what happens.
April 06, 2024 08:14AM
Hi - that is exactly what I have done with production website, and as I said no problems at all.

Rgds
Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.