Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD] On-screen Keyboard

Posted by infos 
[WD] On-screen Keyboard
March 04, 2024 10:58PM
How do I start the on-screen keyboard on Touch screens? Why this code doesn't work: ExeRun("C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe") or ShellExecute("C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe")

[infosonline.net]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2024 11:41PM by infos.
pao
Re: [WD] On-screen Keyboard
March 05, 2024 10:22AM
If what yhou post here is one exact copy of your code you are missing one \ , try with C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe instead of C:Windows\System32\osk.exe or use only ExeRun("osk.exe")

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Marc De Swert
March 05, 2024 02:35PM
take a look at this [www.youtube.com]
March 05, 2024 06:01PM
I want to launch an on-screen keyboard from a WinDev application, not from Windows

[infosonline.net]
March 05, 2024 06:04PM
pao Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If what yhou post here is one exact copy of your
> code you are missing one \ , try with
> C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe instead of
> C:Windows\System32\osk.exe or use only
> ExeRun("osk.exe")

The code contains the correct path to osk.exe, but it simply does not work, try it yourself

[infosonline.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2024 06:05PM by infos.
Marc De Swert
March 05, 2024 10:12PM
found a way

create a file osk.cmd (with notepad)
write the code

start C:/windows/system32/osk.exe

you can place this cmd in a folder you like
in windev you can than do

ExeRun("C:\BRONCODE\PROJECTS_DATA\DEV\osk.cmd")

it works

mayby not a good solution but it go, think that the osk.exe only thru windows can run
but this is a way
Marc De Swert
March 05, 2024 10:17PM
oeps, sorry it won't work now
Al
March 05, 2024 10:46PM
Hello Infos,

I think the issue is that the OSK.exe has an OSKSupport.dll and the exerun() and shellexecute() commands can't load the dll.

One option may be to create a shortcut to the osk.exe on the desktop and ask the user to click on it to open the keyboard.

Another option is to find an alternate onscreen keyboard program. I downloaded one - Free Virtual Keyboard - and it worked on using exerun() if I installed it directly onto the C:\ drive

ExeRun("""C:\FreeVK\Virtual Keyboard.exe""")

[thegeekpage.com]

Regards
Al
March 05, 2024 11:32PM
Yes this is an interesting idea, I created a osk.cmd file, clicking on this file starts the on-screen keyboard, however, when I run from the windev application to ExeRun("osk.cmd") it shows an error that Windows cannot find the C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe file. All exe files in the System32 folder run neatly except osk.exe, I don't know the reason for that. I tried to extract a shortcut to osk.exe but the same without success

[infosonline.net]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2024 11:39PM by infos.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.