Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD2024

Posted by jtadebruin 
WD2024
February 15, 2024 04:04PM
Hey

I created a hyperlink in a Word document with the Office control, this works fine.
But if I save the Word document as a PDF document with DocToPdf, the hyperlink no longer works
Does anybody have experience with this?

TIA
Jan
Re: WD2024
February 17, 2024 06:38PM
Hi Jan,

I've quickly put together a demo WD2024 project based on the existing M$ Office example and hacked the BTN_ExportPDF code to the following so that it uses the DocToPDF function instead of the OpenFilePicker:

Click BTN_ExportPDF
// Saves the name
sDocName is string = gsNameOpenedDocument
gsNameOpenedDocument = fExtractPath(gsNameOpenedDocument,fFileName) +".pdf"

// Opens the file picker
//sFile is string  = OpenFilePicker(fselCreate + fselExist, *, "PDF file" + TAB + "*.PDF", "PDF")

// Restores the document name
//gsNameOpenedDocument = sDocName

DocToPDF(WP_Main,gsNameOpenedDocument)

// Export if necessary
//if sFile <> "" then	
	// Saves the document
//	WP_Main.VersPDF(sFile)
//end

Then I did a"GO" to test it; I entered some text, included some hyperlinks, saved as a Word doc, then used the "Export" option to save as a PDF and when I re-open the PDF outside of the WD test application the hyperlink(s) work for me.

My configuration opens the PDF in the Edge browser; maybe your config is different?

What version of WD2024 are you using - I've upgraded to 61j, have you?

Regards,
Darren.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.